Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

What does infected chicken pox look like?

(30 Posts)
Toospotty Sun 16-Mar-14 17:22:07

My daughter is on day four of chicken pox. I've attached a photo on my profile. She's in quite a lot of pain, although not very itchy, and is feverish and off her food. I called the GP and described one of the spots, as it looked infected to me, and they said they would only prescribe antibiotics if there were three similar ones in a row all connected. Can anyone who knows about chicken pox take a look and tell me if they think she's OK? I am reluctant to put her through the pain of a trip to the doctor if they will tell me I'm over worrying. She is two.

Toospotty Mon 17-Mar-14 17:17:31

Chicken pox can itself just be vile apparently. Google images proves that! We have oral antibiotics and fucidin cream and are about to give the poor thing an antiseptic bath.

candycoatedwaterdrops Mon 17-Mar-14 20:11:32

Poor little thing. sad I wish her better.

redspottydress Mon 17-Mar-14 21:23:56

Yes, hope she gets better soon. What a roller coaster for you all. [Wine]

Toospotty Mon 17-Mar-14 21:38:28

wine indeed!

Any ideas of what to do with a grumpy two year old embarking on her second week of isolation with just a ten month old for company gratefully received.

Theonlyoneiknow Mon 17-Mar-14 23:06:09

Oh poor thing, they look so sore :-(

Hope your DD gets better soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now