Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

High temp for a few days, 13mo, no other symptoms?

(3 Posts)
Rooners Thu 27-Feb-14 10:25:45

Just after some opinions really...my 13mo has had a v high temp for about 4 days now. It hasn't been below 38 and nights have been pretty bad, he hates having calpol etc which doesn't help.

Yesterday I made an appt with the GP, and then wondered if it was necessary - I took his temp at about pm and it was 39.7. Gave a bit of calpol/nurofen.

The appt was at 5.20 so I took him in and the GP took his temperature, and it was 35. something hmm

But he checked his ears, etc. and could find nothing going on, which is great I suppose.

Anyway another awful night and here we are again, still unhappy, still warm, and no idea what is going on.

Could it just be teething? Or should I be concerned? Also wondered about something viral but it hasn't really dipped except for the hour or two around the appointment, typically..

anyway. Any thoughts appreciated.

Rooners Thu 27-Feb-14 10:26:17

sorry about 2pm.

InSpaceNooneCanHearYouScream Sat 01-Mar-14 15:17:12

I would get a sample of urine checked in case of urinary tract infection. It's prob just a virus but best to check

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now