Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is it chickenpox?

(4 Posts)
seveneights Thu 27-Feb-14 10:07:42

In my five year old's class a girl came down with chickenpox on tuesday, I checked my son that night and he had six spots that were pink and small. I kept him off school yesterday and phoned my doctors, they didn't want to see him and said that if he got more spots by today it was chickenpox, but if no more, it was likely to not be. No more spots by this morning and there is no change in the ones he does have so I have sent him into school. He is fine in himself and I checked with the school that it was ok. His spots are not like the angry red spots of the chicken pox that I have googled, they are noticable only if you are really looking. I'm worried that I have done the wroing thing though.

missmagnum Thu 27-Feb-14 10:16:47

It doesn't sound like it to me, my ds came out in them yesterday. About 5 first thing which quickly blistered and double the amount again by lunchtime. Woke up covered in them today. If they aren't blistered then I don't think its cp.

CocktailQueen Thu 27-Feb-14 10:19:23

CP normally starts with a couple of spots on the trunk then quickly spreads. The spots are quite obvious! Keep an eye on him.

seveneights Thu 27-Feb-14 14:15:51

Thanks, it was because it doesn't look obvious that it makes me wonder whether it is. Will definitely keep an eye on him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now