Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chicken pox and sore eye

(5 Posts)
missmagnum Wed 26-Feb-14 11:18:04

Ds 3 has come out in the dreaded chicken pox finally this morning, he had a red sore eye last night and still complaining its sore, it looks a bit red and his eyelid is red, looks a bit droopy compared to the other one. Can't see any spots around it.

Is this normal and all part of it or should I be worrying?

babybythesea Wed 26-Feb-14 17:39:48

No idea, but if you want to play at our house you're welcome. DD2, age 10 months, came out in spots this morning too.
I'm worried about her nappy area - it's covered in spots. Her tummy, the tops of her thighs, even her bum crack. The whole works. She's already prone to nappy rash and I suspect she's going to be very sore.

I'd give NHS Direct a call if you are worried. Or your GP. At least that way they can tell you at what point to start being concerned.

3littlefrogs Wed 26-Feb-14 17:41:46

I would be worried about the eye. Give the surgery a call and see if you can speak to the GP.

coldwater1 Wed 26-Feb-14 18:35:50

Get him seen by a doctor. My 3 year old just had chicken pox, one spot on his lower eyelid made his whole eye red, swollen and sore and he needed antiviral cream to sto the infection spreading to his eyes.

missmagnum Thu 27-Feb-14 10:11:09

Thanks everyone. Been seen by the gp and he said it doesn't need anything at the moment but to go back later if it worsens. Main issue now is his bum, think he has them in the rectum, causing lots of pain bless him. We were up all night, fingers crossed this is the worst.

Baby-hope your dd is ok, awful seeing them like this. Oatmeal baths and piriton seem to be helping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now