Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

St Mary's or Chelsea & Westminster Paediatric A&E, which would you go to?

(6 Posts)
lucy101 Thu 20-Feb-14 16:24:07

Hi there, I am just about to move and will be between the two of them and am just wondering if anyone has any experience of them/would recommend one over the other?

St Mary's. Every single time. Tbh I would avoid Chelsea and Westminster completely, I've heard too much about them.

fizzly Thu 20-Feb-14 22:15:50

No experience of St Mary's but have been to paed A&E at C&W on a number of occasions and only had positive experiences. Seen very quickly and very good care.

Elibean Fri 21-Feb-14 09:42:18

Ditto - never been to St Mary's, but dd2 had frequent visits to C&W (and a one week stay as a 4 week old, then an operation aged 2) and the care was excellent.

Proudmammamia Sat 22-Feb-14 23:08:55

I've been to both and although friends (who work in the health service) said avoid C & W I had a good experience with them. Same can be said too of St. Mary's. There is a children's ambulatory clinic too at hammersmith Hospital (Ducane Road) if that's near you. They helped alot when ds had D&V & was close to dehydration. They only open office hours but aren't as busy as A & E so you don't have to wait long.

lucy101 Thu 27-Feb-14 20:18:29

Hi there, I just wanted to thank you all for the replies and info., that's incredibly helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now