Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help my 2 yr old

(5 Posts)
MummymummyV1 Sat 30-Nov-13 21:19:28

Hi my son started with high temp then a day or so later come out with mouth ulcers and a few spots on his chin which looked like chicken pox when they scab over so I took him back as he was un able to eat doctor gave antibiotics it's day 2 of taking them but his chin don't seem to be getting any better any ideas of what this could be age 2 he has started to try and eat now he managed 2 hotdogs as these were soft with out the roll but still has the ulcers in side the mouth and these 4 spots on his chin that don't seen to be going ??

elvisola Sat 30-Nov-13 21:20:46

Sounds like hand,foot and mouth to me. You just have to ride it out but there is a spray you can get if the mouth ulcers are causing pain.

MummymummyV1 Sat 30-Nov-13 21:38:22

Ok I thought they had a rash on there hands and feet that's what I was told so didn't think it would be that ? Do you know what the spray is called as he is so hungry but there so many in his mouth it hurts him to much tried the mouth gels but don't seem to be working thank you ;)

elvisola Sat 30-Nov-13 21:44:13

I think it's Diflam? My DD had exactly the same at first, she had a few spots appear between her fingers and toes after a few days but mostly they were just in and around her mouth.

I fed her yogurt and ice cream for a few days as she really lost her appetite.

MummymummyV1 Sun 01-Dec-13 12:45:40

That's what I've been trying he won't touch the ice cream but he having yogurts now so hopefully he is on the mend it's just the spots on his chin look so saw and don't seem to be clearing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now