Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Any Ideas

(3 Posts)
cedmonds Fri 29-Nov-13 14:05:23

Ds 7 who has chronic asthma has had an chest infection. He has had the normal treatment and has got over it. He woke up last night screaming of a head ache and again at 5.30 this morning. He hasnt eaten and will start crying in pain as soon as the calpol wears of. Any ideas what it could be ? He is saying its the bad of his head thats hurting.

Tigerblue Fri 29-Nov-13 15:17:37

My daughter rarely gets headaches, but when she does she is certainly off her food. They can get headaches because they need food or water, and I've found she will usually eat a breadstick or a rich tea biscuit, neither of which are too heavy. When she's had one, I encourage her to have a little drink.

If he has a temperature, has a stiff neck or unusual vision then I would get him checked out ASAP. Hopefully he will feel better though soon.

cedmonds Fri 29-Nov-13 21:36:57

Thanks he is loads better this afternoon really odd bug

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now