Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

advice appreciated dd frequently needing to urinate

(4 Posts)
gallopinghorse Thu 28-Nov-13 21:53:01

My dd is 5 and the past week has been feeling the need to urinate more often although very little comes out. She is otherwise fine no temp, pain or other symptoms. I don't know what she is like at school, her teacher has not mentioned anything to me.

Just looking for any advice on what it could be. I don't think its an infection as she had one a few years ago and it was really painful for her.

LEMisafucker Thu 28-Nov-13 21:57:21

I would take her to the doctor as it could well be a low level infection and you dont want it to develop to something painful. Sometimes if i have a cold coming i tend to urinate more but i dont know if thats is common

Tuhlulah Fri 29-Nov-13 09:33:22

I agree with LEM, take her to GP. It sounds like cystitis (and I am NOT suggesting it is) and reminds me of my DS who has a 'twitchy' bladder, and often needs to go to the loo half a dozen times and a few drops come out.

It's Friday -try to get an appointment today otherwise you'll have a hell of a job trying to get seen on a weekend. (I won't bore you with my 111 story, or whatever it is, but I ended up in A&E in the end anyway, and all we needed were antibiotics for a chest infection).

gussiegrips Fri 29-Nov-13 09:41:50

GP, take a urine sample.

There's a bunch of stuff that could cause this, all of which need treating.

GP today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now