Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

I'd like some advice re baby with a cold..

(3 Posts)
PeriodFeatures Thu 28-Nov-13 13:42:08

dd 15 weeks has a cold. She has had it since Sunday and has been really bunged up, especially at night. We saw doctor and advised to use a little saline nasal spray. This has helped a little bit.

She seemed a lot brighter yesterday so we went out. She's feeling totally rubbish today, really congested, cuddly and crying lots.. Do you think that going out has made it worse? Should we stay in until it's totally clear?

I know it's selfish but I have lots to do, our swimming class etc... how careful do we really need to be? I obviously won't take her out today.

Lollypop1983 Thu 28-Nov-13 13:45:20

My LO is older, 7months, and has been loaded with the cold since weekend, as have I.

However, we still go out for a walk twice a day. A little fresh air doesn't do any harm if he's wrapped up well. Rather that, than keep him in a germ filled house all day.

That's just my opinion.

WeAreSix Thu 28-Nov-13 13:51:45

Fresh air fine. Swimming - personally I wouldn't go. But that's just because of feeling unwell especially when coming out of the pool and being wet / cold.

Keep the room warm but well ventilated, steam inhalation is fantastic along with the saline spray. Also, prop up one end of the crib mattress so she's not laying totally flat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now