Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Penicillin is yucky

(3 Posts)
cleoismycat Mon 18-Nov-13 12:24:23

I have been given sugar free penicillin medicine for 5yr old dd who has tonsillitis. It's revolting. Can I add a bit of sugar so it's not quite so bad. Felt like crying myself when I tried it!

hazlinh Mon 18-Nov-13 15:13:51

I think you can, dd has to take lots of vile medicines on a daily basis including penicillin and before she was discharged, the nurses would mix the revolting ones with sugar before administering them to her.

Aldwick Mon 18-Nov-13 16:44:38

Go back and ask if you can have one with sugar. I had to do this when my 2 year old had infected chicken pox. It was so traumatic that she was yelling if I even went into the kitchen let alone came at her with a spoon of the stuff and it did taste EVIL - with a good 5 minute after taste too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now