Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Not washing out lice shampoo properly - is it ok?

(6 Posts)

Ok stupid question....Ex-h washed dd's (5) hair with full marks shampoo earlier this evening and only rinsed out with water (although several times). I realised this on drop off so tried to do a shampoo wash but by this time she was tired and crotchety and got upset so I only managed one and a half shampoos and pretty bad rinsing. Dried hair and it's still really greasy and obviously still covered in the stuff. Had to give up and send her to bed. Is it ok still with the stuff on it as it's an insecticide? I've never used it before and usually just comb.

Bump

TheCrackFox Sun 17-Nov-13 21:51:30

Never actually thought about the health implications TBH, however, I have packed my boys to bed thinking I had rinsed it off properly only to be awoken by a pair of grease buckets the next morning. I had to resort to using fairy liquid to get the sodding stuff off.

lisad123everybodydancenow Sun 17-Nov-13 21:55:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

I am sure it will be fine. Some treatments are supposed to be left on overnight.

Thanks. I'll give it a wash with washing up liquid tomorrow. Think I'll carry on with the nit comb - less hassle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now