Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

4 yr old sickness bug - shd we see GP?

(6 Posts)
TooMuchJD Mon 30-Sep-13 03:09:03

DD off school Friday after vomiting early doors, this persisted all day, unable to keep much down. Better Saturday, ate a little but still very up & down in herself, still having tummy cramps but no vomiting. Same Sunday, no appetite & not herself, started with diahorrea (sp?) which is very pale yellow, explosive & very smelly. Has eaten little & often today, plenty of fluids.
Has now vomited again in the early hours of Monday, 48 hrs after last episode. Likely to be connected to some kind of gastroenteritus but is it worth contacting our GP this morning?

VestaCurry Mon 30-Sep-13 03:51:56

I would, given it's the fourth day. Hope she gets better soon.

harverina Mon 30-Sep-13 04:23:43

Yes no harm in calling them, though I suspect that they will just say not to give her food but to make sure she is kept hydrated.
Hope she is better soon op.

TooMuchJD Mon 30-Sep-13 07:58:05

Me too haverina, we've been up since 2am, shes finally asleep now but her little bro up now sad
VestaCurry I have already starved her for 12 hrs but it made no difference. Will see how she is when she wakes.
Think I may need wine later but settling for a brew for now & watching Chuggington for a quiet life smile

valiumredhead Mon 30-Sep-13 08:42:35

No, keep going with the fluids don't worry about her not eating. Ice pops and squash it's nice when you're poorly.

If you take her to the surgery then it'll be passed round like wild fire. Wouldn't hurt to ring the doctor though.

Hope she gets better soonsmile

RobotHamster Mon 30-Sep-13 08:43:36

I'd ring the doctor and ask, rather than taking a contigious child to the surgery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now