Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Little girl exploring her body

(9 Posts)
Farala Sat 28-Sep-13 22:10:03

LO, 5, has just discovered how much fun she can have on her own... although I don't think she really knows what she's doing. She is aware of the flowers and the bees and how babies are made, but I don't think she relates it to what she is experiencing. I told her it isn't a bad thing, but that she needs to do it privately, so now she spends hours by herself in her bedroom (I know, who'd thought I'd complain?). In short, I'm afraid she might hurt herself, and also I don't want her to be doing it all the time, but have no idea what to tell her. Any advice? Help!

raggedmum Sat 28-Sep-13 22:21:04

hmm

cocolepew Sat 28-Sep-13 22:27:06

I've reported this.

Farala Sat 28-Sep-13 22:30:05

Why? I didn't know you couldn't talk about these things! I am genuinely looking for advice, but apologise if I have broken any rule.

valiumredhead Sat 28-Sep-13 22:31:03

Another very similar thread on here today OP with lots of helpful advice. Just tell her she needs to do this in private and distract her if she's spending too long 'on her own'

Is there any reason to think this isn't genuine?confused

valiumredhead Sat 28-Sep-13 22:33:33

The thread is in behaviour/development OP.

Chibbs Sat 28-Sep-13 22:35:24

I agree with valium..

Farala Sat 28-Sep-13 22:36:01

Thanks, I will look for that thread. And yes, your advice seems common sense, agree it'd be good to have a 'plan b' to distract her when it's been too long.

cocolepew Sat 28-Sep-13 22:57:03

Sorry if it's genuine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now