Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3ry old showing signs of teething but has all her teeth

(5 Posts)
busymummy10 Sat 28-Sep-13 20:43:19

My DD is 3.5yrs. The dentist has confirmed she has all her teeth. However since yesterday she has been reaching into her mouth....appears to be her back teeth. She use to do this a lot whilst teething. Tonight she appears to have come down with a temperature, and a cold she already had, seems to have worsened. Not sure if this is coincidental or teeth related.
I have noticed that right at the back of her mouth she has white underneath her gums, but the dentist has never remarked on this. What could it be?

Holycowiloveyoureyes Sat 28-Sep-13 21:26:33

Adult molars coming through I'd say.

busymummy10 Sat 28-Sep-13 22:33:47

Is that possible? Should I take her to the dentist?

Holycowiloveyoureyes Sat 28-Sep-13 23:01:35

DS got his adult molars at 4 and a half I think. Totally normal.

Mamf74 Tue 01-Oct-13 14:41:44

We had this with DD, complaining her teeth hurt, constantly fiddling with her mouth etc. Eating & drinking weren't problematic so was pretty certain it wasn't a cavity (plus the area that hurt was right at the front).

Mentioned it to the dentist who had a really good look and advised it may be her jaw moving and / or the adult teeth moving into place in her jaw.

It's probably worth a quick trip to the dentist, if only for an expert opinion (and for your DD to have a ride on the chair!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now