Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Badly curdled milk, drunk by 18 month old

(12 Posts)
OneTwoOrThree Sat 28-Sep-13 17:39:26

Sh!t

Just given DS a carton of cows milk, dated 16th September <parenting fail>. He had a couple of sips, not and then rejected it. I took it off him, and then realised my mistake. When I poured it out, it was thin / watery with big lumps.

So, what happens next? Any advice, or experience?

It's dinner time, so I've fed him his tea as normal, which he's eaten. No ill effects yet - however it's only been 20 minutes!

Trying not to beat myself up about it, but what a stupid error!

AnyaKnowIt Sat 28-Sep-13 17:40:47

Meh, just think of it as cheese smile

He'll be fine

OneTwoOrThree Sat 28-Sep-13 17:46:02

I like that outlook - thanks! I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed, and look out the spare sheets just in case...

AnyaKnowIt Sat 28-Sep-13 17:49:22

[Grin] because I've never done that lies

meditrina Sat 28-Sep-13 18:06:35

Chances are, he'll be fine. I suppose that he might chunder/squit it out (so yes, those sheets are a good idea), but it's not likely to make him actually ill.

OneTwoOrThree Sat 28-Sep-13 20:21:36

Phew! <glad I'm not the first>

So far, so good - 3h after the "event". Will update again tomorrow to let you know how it went.

bonzo77 Sat 28-Sep-13 20:24:49

Will be fine.

AmandaCooper Sat 28-Sep-13 20:27:42

Can't you use old milk to make scones?

ClockWatchingLady Sun 29-Sep-13 00:19:46

Also done that more than once. Never had any problems smile

DragonsAreReal Sun 29-Sep-13 00:28:18

Sure there is a country somewhere where they leave the milk out to go off and then drink it.

Although milk is a protein and proteins are wht make you ill when theyre gone off I doubt he had enough to make him ill.

moldingsunbeams Sun 29-Sep-13 00:32:27

He will be fine.
My child made a hot chocolate and put milk in a cup in microwave the other day, (child is older) I found the remains of said hot chocolate and it looked like porridge so I can only assume milk was very off.

OneTwoOrThree Sun 29-Sep-13 08:46:14

Thanks all... Everyone had a good night sleep, as aside from a slightly loose nappy this morning, all is well! Woohooo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now