Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Starting school health woes :(

(5 Posts)
Badvoc Fri 27-Sep-13 17:25:08

It will get better won't it?
Ds2 stared school this month. He has been there for 4 weeks and has had 4 days off with high temp and vomiting and chest infection (yeah, all at once!) and now he is off again with tonsilitis sad
I have him on an iron supplement but will look into others...any good ones for immune system?
He was at pre school for over a year prior to starting school and has an older sibling so it's not like he has not been exposed to germs before!
I feel very low about it all...ds1 had an awful start to his school life (different school) and was off more than he was there in reception and year 1 sad
Is there anything i can do? Or do I just hunker down and accept it will be a dreadful winter?

Sparrowfarts Fri 27-Sep-13 19:58:28

Good food, plenty of rest, fingers crossed.

None of this is working for my DD, who has only been in for 3 days of her GCSE year so far sad

grants1000 Fri 27-Sep-13 20:20:57

Hunker down, new germ pool I'm afraid. A warm air humidifier really helped both my ds's who were off lots with chest infections, which I put in his room each night.

If it help, ds2 was off so much in infants I was at my wits end and worried about his eduction. He's now 11, just started secondary school and is a strapping, healthy,sport mad boy and he's doing great at school.

I would not hesitate to keep him off until he is totally well, it's tiring enough starting school and the more fighting fit he gets before he goes back the stronger he will be to fight the next lot! grin

grants1000 Fri 27-Sep-13 20:21:33

Also a probiotic is a good idea

Badvoc Sat 28-Sep-13 08:19:16

Thank you.
Sometimes I feel like the only one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now