Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sudden excessive dribbling and awful breath....?

(4 Posts)
BeaWheesht Sat 21-Sep-13 09:59:35

Can you look at his throat?

Yes.
His temp's fine. Eating's fine, drinks as normal too...
I'm just really alarmed at the amount he's drooling and I can't find anything online that put's it down to more than teething.
x

Hi, it's difficult to say. It could just be down to the dribbling, especially as you say he's fine in himself, but it could be tonsillitis. Is his temperature ok?

Sorry I can't be more help x

Hi, i'm hoping somebody can put my 1st time mum mind at rest.
Ds is one year old, today smile
He's had a runny nose and slight cough for going on three weeks now. Doctor saw him last week and said his chest was clear but his throat looked a little inflamed and sent me away with ibuprophen.
Two days later he developed a spotty rash in his nappy area and chicken pox was confirmed on Monday.
The chicken pox has turned out to be really mild and the happy little trooper is absolutely fine in himself, except for the last 3 days. He's developed awful breath and epic dribbling. So much so, that a new bib is soaked through after 45mins! Is this normal?
He's just cut two top teeth and two more are about to.... I'm worried that i'm missing something as surely this much dribbling can't be natural?

Thanks in advance
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now