Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Joseph's last thread? Here's hoping...

(848 Posts)
Trazzletoes Tue 17-Sep-13 20:47:13

My now 4 year old DS, Joseph, was diagnosed with stage 4 high risk neuroblastoma last October. It's a particularly aggressive cancer with an 80% relapse rate. Long-term survival statistics are not great.

Joe has had 8 cycles of chemotherapy, an operation to remove the main tumour, stem cell harvest, high dose chemotherapy and stem cell transplant as his bone marrow was destroyed, 3 weeks of radiotherapy and now 5 1/2 months of differentiation therapy and imunotherapy.

In April we learned he had relapsed and so had a 5% chance of ultimately surviving. Then, the relapse spontaneously un-relapsed but we don't know for certain what this means for his future. Whether its good or bad news.

He remains bright and cheery and gorgeous throughout.

fishalive Mon 07-Dec-15 23:13:10

I think about your little Joseph a lot too. I remember one of your posts where you talked about him and they way he would tell you he loved you whilst really looking hard into your eyes.

So happy to hear he's doing well.

Are you doing well too Trazzle? Does it all haunt you or can you compartmentalise it?

SurvivalOfTheUnfittest Mon 07-Dec-15 23:05:51

I have followed your journey from afar and am so pleased for you all.

Heebiejeebie Sun 15-Nov-15 08:34:38

I've often wondered about your Joseph - he is the same age as my little boy - and I am so delighted to see this. Have a happy healthy long life, Joseph.

OldPossum Fri 13-Nov-15 20:57:47

Wow - what wonderful news! I am also the mummy of a Joseph - they are just the best xxx

minmooch Fri 13-Nov-15 20:50:46

Lovely to hear a fab update. Much love to you all xxx

ninja Wed 11-Nov-15 08:08:00

2 years shock that's unbelievable and fantastic. So pleased he's doing so well. I often think about you at milestones as he's just a bit older than my little girl.

Love to you all X

RainbowInACloud Sun 08-Nov-15 21:35:44

Wow!!! So pleased for you after everything you went through.
Well done Joseph. I hope you are doing well too as I remember how scared you were in the aftermath.
Have a fantastic Christmas.

Jbck Sat 07-Nov-15 14:10:37

I didn't post much on your threads but followed Joseph's progress and just last month searched for an update, how lovely to hear how well he's doing.

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 06-Nov-15 22:49:10

Wonderful news flowers

greenhill Fri 06-Nov-15 22:46:42

Thanks for updating, so glad you've been getting on with normal family life. Hurrah. flowers

ajandjjmum Fri 06-Nov-15 22:30:33

Good to hear Trazzle - this thread is still on my 'watch' list. Glad you are all doing so well! x

Wincher Fri 06-Nov-15 22:29:33

What wonderful news!

EvianBaby Fri 06-Nov-15 22:26:09

So lovely to have such a positive update, Trazzle. I too think of Joseph often. How amazing to hear that he's so well and living such a normal life. I really hope you're managing the same; normal life/less worrying etc. what an amazing boy Joseph is and a super family he has.

Preminstreltension Fri 06-Nov-15 22:19:57

Thanks for letting us know how well things are going. That's great news. I think of you and your boy and what he went through quite often - usually when I find myself whining about nothing and your story pops into my head.

It's wonderful to be where you are now.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Fri 06-Nov-15 14:43:51

That is wonderful news!

Lovely update. Wishing you all the very best. flowers

BarbarianMum Thu 05-Nov-15 13:15:30

Thanks for the update. Was thinking about you just the other day and hoping that all was well with you all. smile

Dulceetdecorum Wed 04-Nov-15 21:21:53

So lovely to read this update Trazzle, often wonder about you and your gorgeous boy flowers

Toomuch2young Wed 04-Nov-15 15:07:48

Fantastic news I remember Joseph's threads well and it's wonderful to hear the lovely news.
flowers

TheVeryThing Wed 04-Nov-15 12:30:04

So lovely to hear this, thank you for updating.

RedLentil Wed 04-Nov-15 10:05:19

That's wonderful to hear, Trazzle. Thanks so much for letting us know.

JoeMommuh Wed 04-Nov-15 07:58:11

Thank you for the update it was lovely to hear

Millie2013 Wed 04-Nov-15 07:49:05

So lovely to read, I often think of you and him, when I pop on here. I hope you are breathing a little (lot) easier now flowers

barefootcook Wed 04-Nov-15 07:14:13

Hi Trazzle. Thanks for the update. What great news!! Will you post a photo of Joseph with his glasses?

SparePantsAndLego Wed 04-Nov-15 07:03:31

Really pleased things are still good. I followed your threads (with a different username) and my mind does wander back to Joseph and you all when I'm on MN.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now