Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Joseph's last thread? Here's hoping...

(755 Posts)
Trazzletoes Tue 17-Sep-13 20:47:13

My now 4 year old DS, Joseph, was diagnosed with stage 4 high risk neuroblastoma last October. It's a particularly aggressive cancer with an 80% relapse rate. Long-term survival statistics are not great.

Joe has had 8 cycles of chemotherapy, an operation to remove the main tumour, stem cell harvest, high dose chemotherapy and stem cell transplant as his bone marrow was destroyed, 3 weeks of radiotherapy and now 5 1/2 months of differentiation therapy and imunotherapy.

In April we learned he had relapsed and so had a 5% chance of ultimately surviving. Then, the relapse spontaneously un-relapsed but we don't know for certain what this means for his future. Whether its good or bad news.

He remains bright and cheery and gorgeous throughout.

Trazzletoes Thu 31-Oct-13 01:21:22

Quick update: we're all at home tonight (for how long though?). Joe did marvellously last night and didn't need oxygen so was discharged today. He is so happy to be home.

HOWEVER he is (and has been) really suffering with D&V - side effects of the treatment. He was thin to start with. He's lost a ton of weight this week and all his bones are jutting out. Unless his stomach speeds up and his gut slows down in the next 24 hours of so, he will be straight back to hospital for fluid and nutrition. He needs it but that will mess up his liver again and delay his treatment.

Going back to hospital now will be a huge setback for him. Please - I know I ask a lot of you all - but any prayers/ positivity etc is so welcome at the moment.

ChippingInNeedsANYFUCKER Thu 31-Oct-13 02:19:18

Yay - try to live in the moment tonight flowers Snuggle into your bed and get some sleep x

I know I don't post very often, but I think of you every single day and send you all love & strength.

I feel for the poor little mite - it is such lot for his little body to cope with, if only there was a way we could all take a little bit of his treatment each for him, we would.

I am sending super duper speed up stomach vibes tonight!!

You don't ask a lot, you don't ask very much at all - I wish there was more we could do!

Lots & lots & oodles of love and strength zooming it's way over now!!!

Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
x

barefootcook Thu 31-Oct-13 02:37:57

Hi Trazzle- I will light a candle and send lots of positive thoughts. Hope things inprove and you can be at home together.

SHRIIIEEEKFuckingBearBlood Thu 31-Oct-13 06:24:39

Positive thoughts your way x

Allthebees Thu 31-Oct-13 06:31:28

I've followed joe's story since the 'start' and think of you all lots. You've come such a long way, sending you love and strength for this bit too.

Come on little dude!

SuperiorCat Thu 31-Oct-13 06:34:16

Love and positive thoughts with you

Millie2013 Thu 31-Oct-13 06:49:32

Buckets of good vibes heading your way xxx

indecisiveandclueless Thu 31-Oct-13 08:02:01

Thoughts and prayers with you and J, keeping everything crossed for his tummy to improve. flowers

AnnaConda Thu 31-Oct-13 08:12:54

Praying for little Joe x

Glad you got home and will be praying you stay there.

ajandjjmum Thu 31-Oct-13 09:01:37

Prayer, love and hugs to you and Joe.

Quangle Thu 31-Oct-13 09:40:30

Thinking of you and hoping Joe can stabilise a bit so you can stay at home, where you should be.

Wishing good days to little Joseph and all of you too.

greenhill Thu 31-Oct-13 10:32:10

Sending positive thoughts your way x

JemR234 Thu 31-Oct-13 10:37:26

Thinking of you and Joseph, I hope his tummy is better soon x

toffeelolly Thu 31-Oct-13 17:51:51

Pray for your little Joe every day Trazzle .x

Twunk Thu 31-Oct-13 18:16:42

Hi Trazzletoes just come over from the Children with Cancer thread to see how you're getting on. It's quite a marathon! I am sending all the positive vibes I can muster towards you and Joseph xx

bobkate Thu 31-Oct-13 19:18:40

Yep more positive thoughts for you and Joe from us here too xx

tholeon Thu 31-Oct-13 19:46:00

Love and prayers, I hope you are still at home. You really don't ask a lot at all. X

Praying for Joe.

Praying for Joe tonight.

TheCountessOlenska Fri 01-Nov-13 18:55:30

Thinking of you xxx

LatinForTelly Fri 01-Nov-13 23:40:10

Sending every positive thought x

FunnyRunner Fri 01-Nov-13 23:46:06

Praying for you. Praying hard xo

barefootcook Sat 02-Nov-13 04:21:26

A candle is burning for your gorgeous Joseph. Hope things are improving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now