Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sore pimples round toddler's bottom

(5 Posts)
looseleaf Thu 05-Sep-13 22:14:51

Does anyone know what this could be?

Would you think worth showing the GP?- Our DS is 2 and keeps telling me there's 'something sharp' and 'it hurts' even when only has soft cotton clothes on it. He has about 10 sore looking red spots like pimples.

(It isn't nappy rash as he's been out of nappies for a few months and dry at night.)

I've tried a general nappy / zinc cream today but haven't noticed an improvement yet and suspect he's had them a few days without me noticing as he kept complaining but I kept saying there's nothing sharp!

If anyone has ideas if be so grateful. Could it be fungal? He is quite chubby (in a lovely way) and the area it's in seems a bit sweaty/ not getting air in a fold at the top of his thigh

ViviDeBeauvoir Thu 05-Sep-13 22:18:11

How strange - I just noticed the same thing on my DS1's bottom this evening after his bath.
It was a bit red and had spots.
He's still in nappies but it doesn't look like normal nappy rash.
I was wondering if it was sweat related. Am keeping an eye in case someone has the answer!

looseleaf Fri 06-Sep-13 08:49:41

Oh dear, I hope your DS soon better too! My instinct is that it's sweat related too so going to make sure I dry the area better after baths. I also think our zinc cream might have helped!

ViviDeBeauvoir Fri 06-Sep-13 09:55:42

I put oilatum in his bath last night and it looks a lot better today (he's at nursery so we'll see what it's like tonight)
I did google and it said blisters could mean a yeast infection so I'll keep an eye and if it doesn't clear up I'll go to the GP.

Hope your DS feels better soon!

Peggy2211 Mon 30-Sep-13 13:07:23

Use drapolene you only seem to get in boots and unlike the zinc which is thick and greasy it's light and the skin can still breath and its cooling to the sore area but stills stays in place . I swear by this I used it on all four of my children and they only ever had the mildest of nappy rash and my husband still uses it today when he is busy in a hot kitchen and gets sore thighs !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now