Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

baby fever now cold and wet

(9 Posts)
sleeppeacefullybabyboy Sat 27-Jul-13 22:24:45

Hiya, just wondering if anyone has experienced this before, not really sure if it is normal or if i should be worried. My 11 month old has had a fever for 3 days now which has been reducing with calpol but rising again when its worn off. This morning she felt super to to touch. She is now wet with sweat (you can see the sweat droplets forming in her hair) and she is cold on her face and body (not hands or feet), any ideas?
xx

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 27-Jul-13 22:29:07

I would call NHS direct OP. Cold skin isn't a great sign...it could just be that the sweat has cooled but you'll feel better checking. Also a fever for three days needs attention.

RobotBananas Sat 27-Jul-13 22:30:43

Get her dry and into some dry clothes. I'd call NHS direct though.

gallicgirl Sat 27-Jul-13 22:32:20

My GP said 2 days of fever only relieved with calpol required attention.

Nhs direct or out of hours doc ASAP.

sleeppeacefullybabyboy Sat 27-Jul-13 22:37:14

thanks everyone, i never no if I'm being overly paranoid as lost my baby boy before so get that neurotic mum look from the Dr's angry will get on the phone now, thanksxx

RobotBananas Sat 27-Jul-13 22:40:52

Its hopefully just because she got sweaty and has cooled down a bit too much.

Hope she's ok

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 27-Jul-13 23:01:44

I agree that in all likelyhood she's just gotten chilly with the sweat. Let us know what they say.

MrsFrederickWentworth Sat 27-Jul-13 23:03:37

If the fever broke suddenly this is what happened to Ds, but get her checked out. They don't mind about babies.

bumbleymummy Sun 28-Jul-13 10:23:09

Agree that you should get a doctor's opinion because she's so little but just to reassure you, my DS gets like that when his fever breaks - it's his body cooling itself down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now