Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is this chicken pox?

(6 Posts)
milkyjo Thu 25-Jul-13 16:37:37

Ds 2.7 has a few spots developing on his face, they have blisters. He says they're not itchy and doesn't have a high temp. He seems well in himself apart from being rather testy today. Not sure what else it could be. There are no other spots on his body but he has spotty eczema so difficult to see. He had 2 spots yesterday and now has about 12! Not all have heads on. Thanks for any advice.

ThePrinceofCambridge Thu 25-Jul-13 20:30:26

yes sounds like the pox.

SkinnyDecaffGiraffe Thu 25-Jul-13 20:39:41

Are they all near his mouth?

PoppyWearer Thu 25-Jul-13 20:44:35

My GP said that the easiest way to tell if it is chickenpox is spots appearing on the scalp. So you should know soon!

milkyjo Thu 25-Jul-13 21:57:34

skinny they are on his cheeks, nose, one on his forehead and a few on chin and under eyes. I looked up hand foot and mouth rash but doesn't appear to be that. He's in bed fast asleep now so I suppose we'll review in the morning. He has such thick hair it's so difficult to see his scalp! I'm sure if it is THE POX then he'll be covered by the morning. If, incidentally it is, would my 4 month old dd be affected? She is exclusively breastfed. Thanks for your replies.

milkyjo Fri 26-Jul-13 12:27:21

Ha ha the spots have gone except for a couple. He's gone to nursery. We'll never know what they were!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now