Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Blisters in nappy area of 14 month old dd.

(4 Posts)
Slavetominidictator Mon 22-Jul-13 18:17:45

Thanks so much for replying. Feel reassured by that so will keep on applying. GP clearly looked 13 as I am now old....

night1971 Mon 22-Jul-13 17:59:41

My daughter had similar nappy rash once, was diagnosed as thrush which was surprising. However, it did clear up with the correct medication for thrush so dr was right!

Slavetominidictator Mon 22-Jul-13 17:58:00

For clarity, I'm asking if people think this is thrush or not.

Slavetominidictator Mon 22-Jul-13 17:49:41

On Saturday she sat in the paddling pool and on the grass without a nappy. When I changed her nappy on Sunday morning, she had small pink blisters all over her bottom, specifically where she would have been in contact with the grass or paddling pool floor.
Took her to GP this morning as blisters now mostly look like raw red spots. GP says this is thrush and gave appropriate cream. Does thrush cause blisters?
I wonder if it's an allergic reaction or a skin infection. Any ideas? GP looked approx 13, not instilling confidence.
Any experience? Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now