Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Teething or virus?

(2 Posts)
brettgirl2 Sat 20-Jul-13 21:21:36

I think it's a virus. There is something going round that causes this. DD1's temp went right up at night but back to normal in the day.

I think there's a load of nonsense talked about teething. They are teething for most of 18 months so it can cause anything in that time apparently.

cathyearnshaw Sat 20-Jul-13 17:40:39

Dd is 13 months old and cutting her first 2 teeth- v late I know!

Since Thursday she's had a temp which goes up to 39 in the night, totally goes back to normal for a few hours in the day or hovers around 38. She's pouring snot, seems to be constipated or have tummy ache. Not eating much food but that's normal for her.

Is it possible to be this ill with teething?

Or are there any similar bugs doing the rounds? I don't know of any.

I'm wondering if its so bad because its so late. And exhausted from her refusing to leave my side... Want to know really so I know if i can go out with her big sister if she's infectious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now