Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Forgot to put antibiotic in fridge.. Please advise

(6 Posts)
BikeRunSki Sat 20-Jul-13 19:50:16

There will be a label on the bottle with max storage temp. Above that, the ABs become ineffective. I'd go to a pharmacy and see what they say.

burberryqueen Sat 20-Jul-13 19:46:15

if you are in Greece or Spain you can buy amoxcillin over the counter.

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 20-Jul-13 19:44:11

Likely to be completely ineffective. Even shelf drugs should be stored at no more than 25degrees as it destroys the active ingredients. Cold chain transport of drugs says no longer than 1 hour out of fridge then they are considered useless and should be thrown away. I would take the bottle to a pharmacy tomorrow and confess all.

Thanks smile

YDdraigGoch Sat 20-Jul-13 06:13:32

Yes - give it to him. It won't do any harm, but might be less effective.

Hi,

We are on hols and its hot (35+). We arrived yesterday afternoon and I have dss antibiotic in my handbag. It's supposed to be kept in the fridge and not only did I forget to give him a dose last night but I forgot to put it in the fridge too hmm

This is day 4 of a five day course, what should I do? Is it safe to give it to him now?? Please help, feel so stupid

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now