Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Painful spot or boil??

(4 Posts)

Thanks for your advice. Have googled pilonidal cyst (scary!) but it isn't at the base of her spine/coccyx - more under her leg at the bottom of her cheek IFYSWIM?

WellThatsLife Fri 19-Jul-13 13:29:29

agree that it could be a pilonidal cyst or abscess, needs to be checked by dr. If it is will need antibiotics and possibly a minor op as they can recur.

By the way if it is one of these she is not being a wuss, they are extremely painful(know this from personal experience!)

Gobbolinothewitchscat Italy Fri 19-Jul-13 08:54:03

Sounds like it could be a pilonidal cyst

I would go to the docs to get it checked - particularly if it's interfering with everyday life

My poor DD has one right between her buttocks but quite low down. Very painful for her to sit or walk?? Any suggestions for how to relieve/treat it gratefully received.

I should add she is also a complete wuss, with a pain threshold of 0! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now