Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Why is my dd constipated? And Heart murmurs.

(4 Posts)
NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Fri 19-Jul-13 09:40:43

The echo will show if the murmur is innocent or if something is structually wrong with the heart.

My ds has an innocent one , they are common in children. If it is anything else you will be under the cardiology team and may have further tests or follow up.

puppiesandkittens09 Thu 18-Jul-13 14:29:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Smartieaddict Thu 18-Jul-13 14:07:40

Sorry, I have no idea about the constipation, although I doubt it is down to you doing anything wrong, I've seen loads of threads on here where children suffer from it.

In relation to the heart murmur, I would imagine they want to check it is innocent, which it almost certainly will be, and in that case you will not have any follow up. I have a heart murmur, so does my sister. They are quite common, and usually cause absolutely no symptoms or problems at all.

I hope your DD feels better soon!

Sleep404 Thu 18-Jul-13 13:17:01

I took dd in to see the paediatrician today for chronic diarrhea. He requested an X-ray and it turned out she is actually constipated. The diarrhea is overflow.
I don't understand why though, as she eats load of fruit and some veg and drinks lots of water. Are we doing something wrong or is this just one of those things?

Also he said she has a heart murmur and has booked her in for an ECHO. The ECG we had done today, came back fine. What follow up should I expect regarding this?

Dd is 4.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now