Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dribble rash

(6 Posts)

Hi all,
In the last three weeks my dd has got a dribble rash. It's so angry and red it looks like eczema.
I took her to the doctors and we have oiliatum for the bath and epaderm as a barrier cream.
I'm putting fresh bibs on every hour but nothing seems to work.
Her teeth don't seem to bother her at all, it's just the dribble.
Does anyone have any advice?

eringramochroi Sat 13-Jul-13 18:03:32

Is it on her chin or chest? With ds, we used to put a plastic back bib under his top with plastic side facing out, then put another bib over his top. This really helped keep the damp off his chest. We also found Aveeno worked better to settle the skin than oilatum. There isn't alot you can do I'm afraid, some little ones are just dribblers and you have to ride it out, it will settle. My dd never dribbled at all! Mind you, ds dribbled enough for both of them. Good luck xxx

AnyaKnowIt Sat 13-Jul-13 18:05:08

I use to put vasoline on dd's chin

pinkpanther79 Sat 13-Jul-13 18:14:25

My DD used to get this under her dummy. Not sure if you use them, but I found a much more open dummy helped (Sainsbury's own brand). There is a Tommee Tippee bib for milk feeding with a think neck to absorb liquid if you want a soft bib.

Thank you ill try the bib and oiliatum, I've used Vaseline too but epaderm is the greasier version of it and its not working.
Ill stock up on the plastic bibs

doubledressed Wed 24-Jul-13 22:59:10

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now