Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

want to look at gross pics and diagnose for me?

(17 Posts)

pics of dds rash on profile, I think its the pox (chicken not small), spots are increasing in number and going darkker red and the oldest spots are getting heads, started mon after school, my mum thinks it is a heat rash. So what do you reckon you medical experts you?

chocoluvva Wed 10-Jul-13 09:47:06

I'm pretty sure it's not a heat rash - that would be lots and lots of tiny spots.

TeamEdward Wed 10-Jul-13 09:52:08

It could be chicken pox. Are they spots blistering? IME it spreads quite rapidly once it takes hold.

Some cracking photos of my DS2's pox on my profile... he had it really bad!

HormonalHousewife Wed 10-Jul-13 09:52:44

similar to chicken pox so maybe...

allergic to suncream ?

is she well in herself ?

TrinityRhino Wed 10-Jul-13 09:55:22

it looks chicken poxy to me

I WANT YOUR STAIRS

I AM GOING TO DO THAT!!! grin

heliotrope Wed 10-Jul-13 09:56:54

I love your stairs!
Could be chicken pox but could easily not be... is it on arms? Think the pox usually more on torso / face but that might just be in yoounger ones.

Fenton Wed 10-Jul-13 09:59:50

I wouldn't have said heat rash either. Chicken pox spots tend to come up initially like a raised blister, and yes will turn darker when they scab over.

Can you get her to the chemist to have a look?

How old is she? If it is the pox have some calpol ready for when/if the temperature hits.

And by the way, I bloody LOVE THE STAIRCASE!

LegoAcupuncture Wed 10-Jul-13 10:00:05

I would have said heat rash, but not sure with the heads on the spots.

Ds2 had heat rash a couple of weeks ago and it looked like measles.

Do you have any pirotin you can give her? That helped with ds2s heat rash.

If it continues to spread I'd make an appointment with gp, explain the rash, they might send someone out rather than taking her in and possibly infecting others.

Love your stairs!

EDMNWiganSalfordandBlackpool Wed 10-Jul-13 10:01:49

I got distracted by the baby chicks....

I think it looks early chicken poxy too.

going to boots to get something for the itch now so will ask them to look, it started as samll spots on torse and has covered her torso, now a cuple of big ones appearing on top of arms and legs.

and thanks for the stairs compliments grin

AnonYonimousBird Wed 10-Jul-13 10:05:24

I don't think it's heat rash. Possibly chicken pox. And talking of chickens, they are lovely!!!! (bugger the stairs, give me the animals!) wink

LegoAcupuncture Wed 10-Jul-13 10:05:53

If you're going to boots, get some virasoothe. It's a gel and works amazingly well on pox.

gamerchick Wed 10-Jul-13 10:11:20

On my phone but they just look like heat spots... Itchy, irritating things. Some piriton should help and cool water if I think back right.

AtYourCervix Wed 10-Jul-13 10:17:56

I need to do my stairs like that.

They'd match my rainbow sorted bookcase.

pharacist says they are the pox, got some calamine cream and some anti histamine.

cervix, rainbow sorted bookcase sounds very lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now