Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

black mold between toddler DS's toes!!!

(39 Posts)
WouldBeHarrietVane Sun 07-Jul-13 17:27:17

Just took his sock off and saw this. It was the whole of the length of his toe between the one next to the big toe and the one after that.

Didn't realise at first it was mold - wiped it away with a baby wipe but nothing came off, then popped him into the bath and had a go at it gently with soap.

It is now reduced to two little black patches
around 2 by 4 mm each just in the crease on each side where the toe becomes foot iykwim.

Will ask tomorrow for GP appointment, but has anyone else seen this and if so what is the treatment?

WouldBeHarrietVane Sun 07-Jul-13 19:25:05

Only smell was usual toddler sweat. No foul smell.

Isn't a verruca usually on the sole and more like a black spot?

WouldBeHarrietVane Sun 07-Jul-13 19:26:10

It looks like it may be broken under the black, but no redness/swelling.

WouldBeHarrietVane Sun 07-Jul-13 19:32:57

MN jury wins!

He is asleep so just fiddled with feet to take a photo - after the bath i dried toes v carefully, put on aqueous cream between each toe and then a clean pair of white cotton socks...AND

The black is gone blush

Retreats...shamed...

usualsuspect Sun 07-Jul-13 19:38:29

I'm glad it's gone if it was worrying you.

You big daftie grin

WouldBeHarrietVane Sun 07-Jul-13 19:40:54

Thank you

gringringringrin

piprabbit Sun 07-Jul-13 19:44:41

Glad he is OK!

A couple of weeks ago I was getting my DS dressed in the morning and was horrified to see that his willy had turned green - from the crease where it joins his body and then fading gradually towards the tip.

Turns out he'd taken a green felt tip to bed the previous night and had spent a fun half hour colouring in his willy.

It took ages to come off. It's still slightly tinged.

WouldBeHarrietVane Sun 07-Jul-13 19:51:08

Pip that is so funny smile though I bet you weren't laughing when you saw it!!

Pimpf Mon 08-Jul-13 00:23:36

Glad all is good

WouldBeHarrietVane Mon 08-Jul-13 08:25:40

Thank you!

Ragusa Mon 08-Jul-13 21:57:49

This thread has made me laugh. Glad it's all ok. We have had a number of 'oh my good grief, what's that?!?! oh, it's glitter/sand/pen' moments. The green ink Willy takes the prize though, piprabbit.

Squashed blueberries will stain anything they come into contact with, including skin... just sayin.

joanofarchitrave Mon 08-Jul-13 22:01:11

piprabbit grin i am SO going to colour in my foof tonight.

PowerPants Mon 08-Jul-13 23:02:34

Very relieved he hasn't gone off.

We did the whole 'rush him to A and E' when his pee was bright red (later turned out he'd been at the beetroot) blush

WouldBeHarrietVane Mon 08-Jul-13 23:06:41

grin that actually happened to a friend at Uni too!!

piprabbit Tue 09-Jul-13 01:10:17

joan - don't forget to update us with photos on your profile grin.
India Knight did admit to colouring in her roots with sharpies in this week's Sunday Times - maybe you could try a blue or green sharpie?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now