Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3 year old ear pain after banging it....can't sleep

(5 Posts)
forevermore Sun 16-Jun-13 21:52:50

Can anyone advise if it is ok not to go to A&E? DD2 is 3 years old. She was rushing around and banged her ear against something. I didn't witness it so can't be sure what. Since then she has had calpol them ibuprofen because she was crying so much from the pain and sleeping then waking and slapping her ear. She is sleeping now in my chest and hasn't done that for ages. But it's the only place she seems ok. But if she moved she starts slapping ear and moaning.

I am worried about bust ear drums/concussion. There is no cut or bruise. She gaan vomited. And she ate her dinner. Just keeps crying out/maiming every so often.....should I take her to A&E it on to be treated at home with pain killers? Thanks for any advice.

forevermore Sun 16-Jun-13 21:54:30

Sorry bad spellingblush. She hasn't vomited. And she claims it was the flat part if a wall. But she IS 3!

Cambridgechick Sun 16-Jun-13 22:00:49

I think if the pain is waking her get it checked out. Especially as you didn't see what she did. My parents were dentists and always used the 'is the pain keeping you awake' test as a guideline for whether it was severe.

BeaWheesht Sun 16-Jun-13 22:43:30

Yes I'd get her checked sorry - maybe she's actually damaged her jaw or a back tooth?

kimmills222 Tue 18-Jun-13 18:36:59

Yes, I would also suggest you to get the kid checked from a doctor to rule out damage of any type. If there is any, then it should be treated- the sooner the better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now