Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

14mo, probable balanitis, can it wait til morning?

(5 Posts)
changechangechange Thu 13-Jun-13 20:29:01

Thanks...waiting for a callback.

Sirzy Thu 13-Jun-13 19:42:28

I would phone OOH

changechangechange Thu 13-Jun-13 19:32:34

Thanks. No fever and no indication of pain. Loath to phone nhs direct as think it will wake him. The nappy I just took off was about as wet as I expected so I think he must be weeing ok, unless it's only suddenly swelled up since his last wee...

KrazyKurls Thu 13-Jun-13 19:22:24

Phone NHS direct for advice? Is he in pain? Fever? Just incase of urinary tract infection.

changechangechange Thu 13-Jun-13 19:20:33

Changed DS' nappy and his poor penis is a bit red and quite a lot swollen at the head. Google suggests it's most likely balanitis. He seems otherwise pretty fine in himself and is now asleep. Is it okay to wait til tomorrow and go to the GP, rather than traipse up to A&E tonight? Am a lone parent and don't drive.
TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now