Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Cotton Thumb - Stop Thumb Sucking

(4 Posts)
nutmegella Mon 15-Jul-13 23:38:31

Hi sorry for the delay.

I paid £10 plus the cost of posting for the cotton thumb. She didn't ever suck the cover, it always reminded her even in her sleep (although she was 8).

I would say however that 6 months on, her thumb occasionally goes back in (after having stopped for six months) so don't get rid of it once she has cracked it. I just pop it back on for a couple of evenings and it does the trick again. Good luck!

Hi, just wondered how much you paid for this cotton thumb? I've been looking at similar things on t'interweb but they seem so expensive!

I think ds (nearly 5) wants to stop though so would rather have a glove thing than the horrible paint as I think he just needs a reminder.

Did your dd ever just suck the glove instead?

nutmegella Thu 13-Jun-13 18:48:14

Sorry - http://www.lottiebee.co.uk/cottonthumb.html

nutmegella Thu 13-Jun-13 18:46:43

Just wanted to share this as my daughter needed help with her thumb sucking and I am thankful to say at 9, having a thumb cover has finally worked. She did have to wear it every night (and usually once she was in after 7pm and tired)

www.lottiebee.co.uk/cottonthumb

Hope this is helpful for other parents of thumbsuckers. They are £10 plus postage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now