Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

earache ds age 7 GP?

(6 Posts)
makemineagin Wed 12-Jun-13 16:12:12

Thanks zipit. Dr looked inside his ear and said that blood on ear drum no sign of infection but antibiotic to start if it is not better by sat.
:0 at blood on ear drum new one for us as DD always has lots of gunk.

ZipItShrimpy Tue 11-Jun-13 12:58:27

The calpol might be masking the temperature.

Hope it clears up soon. smile

makemineagin Tue 11-Jun-13 12:14:19

thanks will see how he is after school today try gp weds. No temp just on off discomfort and swollen glands.

ZipItShrimpy Tue 11-Jun-13 11:13:39

*It will do no harm.

ZipItShrimpy Tue 11-Jun-13 11:12:47

I would take him. My Dd complained of a bit of ear pain on and off at Christmas and had a temperature which I just gave calpol for and kept an eye on. By new year her ear drum perforated and she was very unwell and had to be seen urgently.

I would definitely take her sooner next time. I felt awful! I will do no harm to get it checked.

makemineagin Tue 11-Jun-13 11:04:25

Since the weekend on blowing his nose ds complained of earache. I ha ve been treating with calpol seems to make it better. He says it is not getting worse. DD has had years of ear issues so used to what to expect. DS has no discharge a little wax, not sure if this is the ear fighting off something or needs gp. The last time gp advised we left DD so i feel i need to do the same with DS. Anybody?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now