Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Can these vile nappies really be JUST teething? Because I've just changed DS's tenth of the day and he is raw.

(8 Posts)

Toddler diorrhea [sp?]

Sometimes they just become temporarily unable to tolerate lactose/milk. Lay off the dairy for a bit see how it goes.

ShowOfHands Tue 30-Apr-13 17:27:59

He's 20 months. Only gets nappy rash when teething. He's seriously predictable. Vile nappies, green mucousy consistency, sharp like vinegar, lots and lots of drool, tooth breaks through and it's all over.

This is exactly the same but twice as bad as normal. Occasionally he says 'ooooh tooth ow mama' and he's drooling, you can see the teeth pushing up and his gum swelling. I've no doubt he's teething.

The thing is, he's not unwell. He's got a cold but so has everybody else in the house and he's coming out the other side of it, is perfectly happy, not unhappy in the slightest. It's just these nappies and the rash is bloody awful.

Before she was put- iPhone fail

How old is your ds? If you have recently started weaning it could be a food intolerance. The symptoms you describe , acid poo burnt bottom etc sound exactly what dd2 has Becker she was out in prescription milk. What's he eaten?

elfycat Tue 30-Apr-13 17:19:01

DD1 had this as a baby/toddler. Her poo would go bitty with greeny mucous and smell sharp - like vinegar. No matter how fast I changed her she would get nappy rash and we ended up getting Metamium barrier cream and an anti-fungal cream from the GP as it went on a bit too long.

i don't know.

I would say not just teething, but how could you prove that if it's following an established pattern?

might be a cold/virus combined with teething.

dd's canines seem to be on the way now, too and she's been a little arse compared with all the other teeth.

but it does sound like more.

Badvoc Tue 30-Apr-13 17:15:18

Yep.
Happened to ds1 every time.
Bepanthen was the best thing we found for it.

ShowOfHands Tue 30-Apr-13 17:09:28

DS gets vile diarrhoea when teething. Always has. Goes from one solid poo a day to about five vile runny nappies. Hand in hand with lots and lots of dribbling and gnawing, all stops as soon as the tooth is through.

He has his last two canines coming through (molars already there) and he is drooling for England. But seriously, ten nappies today and at this point, it's just acrid, green/yellow mucous.

He's perfectly happy otherwise. Has a slight cold but eating normally, drinking, playing, hydrated etc. Just horrid poos and nasty nappy rash.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now