Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Vitamin D drops for 6 mo

(4 Posts)
mumtosp Fri 10-May-13 18:55:47

Thanks all.
DS has started taking Abidec... he does make a face but I give him some water immediately after the dose so that he doesn't spit it out.

Nicknamefail Tue 30-Apr-13 18:11:10

It is not just vitamin d but others as well, check the nhs choices website. Abidec is recommended as it has all the necessary ones in (think it is AC and D).

My 6 1/2 month old spits out abidec on its own. I tried mixing it with bm but it still dribbled out. Now I mix it with fruit juice and she takes it all. I do this on the syringe that comes with the abidec packet so it is only about 2ml a day, so I am not too worried about the sugar in the juice.

mrspaddy Tue 30-Apr-13 15:50:51

Hi I live in Ireland and we are asked by midwife to give baby drops from new born all through first year of life. Have researched a good bit into Vit D and it certainly makes sense.
I am not sure what brand I will use, will ask pharmacist.

mumtosp Tue 30-Apr-13 15:46:09

Hi all,

DS is 6 mo and has been having solids for the past 3 weeks. I read on NHS that once solids are introduced, he should also be taking a daily dose of Vitamin D drops. The HV recommended Abidec, but this seems to be a multivitamin rather than just Vitamin D...
Is it OK to use Abidec? Or is there another brand for babies that only contains Vitamin D?

I have been taking a dialy vitamin D tablet myself for the past 6 months...

Thanks ! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now