Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Vitamin D drops for 6 mo

(4 Posts)
mumtosp Fri 10-May-13 18:55:47

Thanks all.
DS has started taking Abidec... he does make a face but I give him some water immediately after the dose so that he doesn't spit it out.

Nicknamefail Tue 30-Apr-13 18:11:10

It is not just vitamin d but others as well, check the nhs choices website. Abidec is recommended as it has all the necessary ones in (think it is AC and D).

My 6 1/2 month old spits out abidec on its own. I tried mixing it with bm but it still dribbled out. Now I mix it with fruit juice and she takes it all. I do this on the syringe that comes with the abidec packet so it is only about 2ml a day, so I am not too worried about the sugar in the juice.

mrspaddy Tue 30-Apr-13 15:50:51

Hi I live in Ireland and we are asked by midwife to give baby drops from new born all through first year of life. Have researched a good bit into Vit D and it certainly makes sense.
I am not sure what brand I will use, will ask pharmacist.

mumtosp Tue 30-Apr-13 15:46:09

Hi all,

DS is 6 mo and has been having solids for the past 3 weeks. I read on NHS that once solids are introduced, he should also be taking a daily dose of Vitamin D drops. The HV recommended Abidec, but this seems to be a multivitamin rather than just Vitamin D...
Is it OK to use Abidec? Or is there another brand for babies that only contains Vitamin D?

I have been taking a dialy vitamin D tablet myself for the past 6 months...

Thanks ! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now