Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

WWYD about a child who vomits frequently for no reason?

(5 Posts)
Grockle Sun 28-Apr-13 21:16:22

Thank you for the responses. I go to my GP A LOT (chronic illness) so hate going there! I will talk to him about DS & see what they say. He's not actually ill & doesn't feel unwell but it would be good to know what we can do to help.

PowerPants Sun 28-Apr-13 00:46:46

My ds used to do this when younger and grew out of it - something to do with his gag reflex being overactive? He still vomits easily if he drinks or eats too much.

I would go to the GP and get some reassurance.

Pancakeflipper Sat 27-Apr-13 23:47:07

Reflux? My 4 yr old throws up if he drinks or eats too quickly. We have emergency vomit bowls upstairs and downstairs.

My DS2 was not diagnosed as a baby with reflux, probably cos he had other issues going on but he shows the signs now.

amazingmumof6 Sat 27-Apr-13 23:44:00

I would see Gp and get a full blood test, then go from there

Grockle Sat 27-Apr-13 22:03:32

DS(7) is sick several times a month. Sometimes there is no apparent reason & other times it will be because he saw/ smelled/ thought of something slightly unpleasant. He always seems fine & often gets up part way through a meal to throw up & then sits back at the table to finish his meal hmm

So far, I've done nothing. My sister was like this when she was little (& still is to a lesser extent). I am never sick. Should I consult his GP or leave it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now