Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

6 week old, 'thumping' coming from chest/ tummy as she drops off to sleep.

(4 Posts)
mumbow Sat 27-Apr-13 23:04:28

thanks for bumping elibean. I'll mention it to hv next time although not sure when that'll be, she seems to cone only every 2 or 3 weeks.
dontmeanto I'll let u know what she says if she comes up with anything. it's so disconcerting isn't it! I couldn't even think how to google it! Mysterious, I hope it's nothing scary xx

dontmeanto Sat 27-Apr-13 11:39:22

My daughter does this too! I even tried googling it to no avail. Like yours she seems well in herself (8 weeks).

Elibean Sat 27-Apr-13 11:36:18

No clue, but bumping for you smile

It doesn't sound very worrying, but I would just mention it to HV or GP next time you see one.

mumbow Fri 26-Apr-13 22:15:45

my 6 week old dd seems well. when she is dropping off to sleep, though, she often produces between 2-6 rapid thumps from her chest/ tummy. Has anyone else experienced this? any ideas what it could be? Thanks for any clues, btw she doesn't change colour or facial expression while it's happening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now