Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

My beautiful Joseph with his blue eyes, ready smile and arms always open for a hug or a tickle fight

(1000 Posts)
Trazzletoes Sun 14-Apr-13 08:13:29

He has survived the most horrific cancer treatment with his smile, joy and love intact. Unfortunately the neuroblastoma has survived too.

kelda Sun 14-Apr-13 08:34:51

Thinking and praying for you and your ds xxx

So sorry, i haven't posted for a while but have been thinking of you. xx

Trazzle I havent commented yet, as I didnt know what to say. Words seem so....easy.

Im sorry. Cancer is a bastard.

Can you tell us what the next step is?

Love to you all xx

lougle Sun 14-Apr-13 08:38:00

Trazzle, so sorry. Of course you're not ready for life-limiting illness yet -Joe's got the rest of his life to lead, starting today, with the penguins!

You inspire people daily. My neice is going through high dose chemo for a devastatingly rare and aggressive childhood cancer. I read your thread and it reminds me that petiole can, and do, sustain themselves through the treatment.

Trazzletoes Sun 14-Apr-13 08:43:27

monkey we don't know yet. This all happened late on Friday. We haven't even finished telling family yet.

We are meeting with his consultant tomorrow. Our understanding is that there's a reasonable chance that there might not be any "next steps". We aren't sure that there's much that can be done other than to prolong his life and we aren't certain that's a route we want to take (please don't judge me - we have our reasons for that). Health wise Joe is so weak at the moment. This news has come at the worst possible time for him. His little body won't be able to cope with much treatment, it's so broken already.

LegoAcupuncture Sun 14-Apr-13 08:45:44

I'm so sorry Trazzle. Thinking of you all xxxx

wonderstuff Sun 14-Apr-13 08:46:19

sad I'm so sorry

Oh goodness Trazzle, I don't know what to say except thinking of you xx

Chopchopbusybusy Sun 14-Apr-13 08:48:16

I'm so sorry to hear this xxx

Badvoc Sun 14-Apr-13 08:48:36

sad oh trazzles.

ipswichwitch Sun 14-Apr-13 08:48:44

Big hugs for you and your beautiful boy. I hope you get some positive news tomorrow xx

Oh god. I was hoping (as is everyone), that there may be another option.

Trazzle where in the country are you?

Badvoc Sun 14-Apr-13 08:48:56

...and none of us would ever, EVER judge you!
X

KnottyLocks Sun 14-Apr-13 08:50:01

Checking in with a splodge, chocolate, love and a hand to hold x

johnworf Sun 14-Apr-13 08:51:52

Trazzle, I can't find the words to say how sorry I am that it's not gone away. You are both in my thoughts.

((((((hug))))))

lougle Sun 14-Apr-13 08:52:01

Trazzle, no-one, no-one can judge you for that! You have to put Joe first and sometimes not doing something is braver than doing it.

PoppyWearer Sun 14-Apr-13 08:53:18

(((((Trazzle and Joe)))))

seeker Sun 14-Apr-13 08:53:43

Nobody worth a heartbeat's consideration would judge.
I hope the penguins step up to the plate for him today.

CountryBelle Sun 14-Apr-13 08:54:04

Couldn't read and run - love and prayers for you and Joseph. Xx

toomuch2young Sun 14-Apr-13 08:54:38

Oh Trazzle. I so hope Joe enjoys the penguins today, sounds like he really enjoyed his playmobil with DD and being home with you all.
You never ask us for anything but hope you know the offer is always there any thing at all big or small that would brighten things up for Joe, big or small do let us know.
Other wise words seem so empty.
Gingers crossed every day, and love, light and positive healing thoughts for your beautiful blue eyed boy.
We are all routing for you Joe.
And so sorry to hear about your niece also lougle their is absolutely no reason or logic that these little children suffer so its so so desperately bloody cruel and unfair.
sad

Wereonourway Sun 14-Apr-13 08:54:43

Trazzle I've not commented on your threads before, I have followed them and think of you and your family every single day.

I'm so sorry to hear the latest news, it's so bloody sad and unfair.

Ill continue thinking of you, and praying for Joe, for you all x

ajandjjmum Sun 14-Apr-13 08:54:55

Trazzle - none of us would ever judge you. We are fitted with admiration and love for what your family and Joe are going through. We know how you love him, and any decision you make will be based on what's best for him. If earth can't supply the answers, then I pray that heaven can. x

indyandlara Sun 14-Apr-13 08:58:23

No one will judge. I hope you have many more months ahead x

MousyMouse Sun 14-Apr-13 08:59:10

I'm so so sorry.
(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

FrubesOnTheCouch Sun 14-Apr-13 09:00:32

neuroblastoma truly is a bastard x

This thread is not accepting new messages.