Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

radiator burn

(19 Posts)
happyworker Fri 12-Apr-13 07:02:12

Thanks sitting in bathroom crying no one up yet hope i dont cry in docs dont know if its pmt depression or just stress

SwishSwoshSwoosh Fri 12-Apr-13 06:58:33

I'm sorry to hear that but I am sure you can get back to that good place again. You take huge care of yourself x

happyworker Fri 12-Apr-13 06:47:40

Back home im not good at all extremly anxious going to docs this morning ive had a terrible reaction to this have been shaking crying all the time this time last week i was at work excited now i am a crumbled mess

SwishSwoshSwoosh Thu 11-Apr-13 18:27:23

You haven't ruined anything, take care and hopefully this is a blip. Have some more flowers x

happyworker Thu 11-Apr-13 07:04:39

Thanks for all your help i feel if i dont go home i will get worse and then well be in a crisis posted on mental health now think it was a bad idea to come away feel like ive ruined it thank god for mumsnet

SwishSwoshSwoosh Thu 11-Apr-13 06:58:45

I'm really feeling for you, you sound very anxious but I expect your DS is fine. Couldn't you call into a walk-in centre where you are so you don't need to cut your holiday short? I know it is hard having anxiety, but if you've been off your tablets for three years you must be doing really well. flowers

happyworker Thu 11-Apr-13 06:44:49

Thanks for your help will take him to docs tom for piece of mind i am really panicing dreading journey home son ok about going done lots but thus has spoilt it just said mom not well have bad pmt as just started period

BeaWheesht Thu 11-Apr-13 06:28:35

He is FINE. It's not your dh's fault. Your son is ten , not two please stop overreacting I know it's hard but for his sake you have to. I don't think your son needs seen tbh but why not take him to a pharmacy and ask their advice? You know really he isn't that bad or you'd have had him at a&e. try and rationalise this, don't go home early.

happyworker Thu 11-Apr-13 05:55:34

Tried to sleep up all night shaking crying just want to go home this is my mental health now havnt been on tablets for 3 years cant believe back like this can bookinto docs fri morn will get sin checked husband been brill but blame him cause he turned the radiator on

cestlavielife Wed 10-Apr-13 22:35:06

He will be fine he has learned to keep away from radiator rights?

cestlavielife Wed 10-Apr-13 22:34:15

Don't go home early. He is ten not a baby. He will be ie.

happyworker Wed 10-Apr-13 22:24:54

10 years old no blister just two thin red lines i feel sick and now hes upset as going home a day early

RatPants Wed 10-Apr-13 21:54:48

Ok, don't panic, how old is he and how bad is it? Just red marks or blisters?

TheFallenMadonna Wed 10-Apr-13 21:53:38

Running tepid water, rather than a cold compress.

PhyllisDoris Wed 10-Apr-13 21:50:56

Don't panic though. He'll be fine. I can't imagine a radiator would be hot enough to do any major damage.
Cold water, and when you think you've run the area under water long enough, keep it going for another -0 mins.

JollyPurpleGiant Wed 10-Apr-13 21:48:10

Call OOH. They will recommend whether or not it needs checked by a medical professional.

dribbleface Wed 10-Apr-13 21:43:56

How old is as? Is it blistered, how large a burn? All those things dictate whether medical assessment needed.

cestlavielife Wed 10-Apr-13 21:34:52

Go to reception and get first aider.

happyworker Wed 10-Apr-13 21:24:42

Were in a log cabin and my son has just burnt hip on a radiator here he has two red lines have used cold compress i am now in a right state feel bad i should of checked it and suffer from anxiety i am shaking feel sick and have said we are going home first thing in the morning any advice/help please

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now