Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Oh no think dt1 might have measles

(12 Posts)

Um I think it's looking more viral today, hasn't got any worse or redder.

idiot55 Sun 07-Apr-13 22:17:09

Theres been an odd variant of "slapped cheek " going around which has a rash very similar to measles, my GP took mouth swabs to check for measles came back postive for slapped cheek.

4nomore Sun 07-Apr-13 16:34:52

I'm sure this must vary a bit according to the colouring of the person who has it but where I've seen the measles rash it's been very copper-y coloured compared to other rashes

middleagedspread Sun 07-Apr-13 16:18:11

One of my DSs had measles, even though he'd had 1st MMR. He wasn't too ill (some immunity). It's a notifiable disease, your GP will report it if is.

Hope they feel better soon. At least if they come out with it at jst about the same time you won't be trapped indoors in the dark for a month on end.

LoveSewingBee Sun 07-Apr-13 16:08:36

The main difference between a post viral rash and a measles rash is that the post viral rash only develops towards the end of the illness when the child is already recovering and starting to feel better.

Thanks other twin has temp and very grumpy but no rash yet!
They were due to
have their booster a few weeks ago but both had flu so was advised to leave it till they were well.
Gp said a lot measles around at the moment.

Poor little lamb. What about your other twin? Should they have a booster or is it too late for that? treatment advice from NHS choices here. Think you could be spending some time in the dark!

Sorry, gp rang back and said bring him in,
He's had a cold virus thing for a few days temp etc started with a rash behind one ear yesterday morning which spread to his face, neck and chest, it's now all over him.
He has had first mmr but not had the booster yet.
Saw the GP who was great said it could be measles or a viral rash but know way of knowing at the moment, just wait and see how it developed.
She advised me and DH to have a blood test tomorrow to see if we have the antibodies.

BeaWheesht Sun 07-Apr-13 12:09:48

How old is she? Has she had mmr? Do you have other kids?

duende Sun 07-Apr-13 10:36:06

Hi, why do you think it's measles? How old is dt1?

Have an appointment with the out of ours at 4pm
We do not need this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now