Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sickness bug

(5 Posts)
Longo Wed 03-Apr-13 13:32:21

DD 4, was sick for 12 hours starting early hours of Tuesday, had diarrhea same time too. Has stopped now, she doesn't have a temperature, it was actually quite low, 34.5. She is sleepy with Rosey cheeks, should I take her to the doctors or wait it out. She is drinking water, only had two wees in 24 hours though.
DD never had a sickness bug before so this is all new to me!!

pansyflimflam Wed 03-Apr-13 13:33:40

I don't understand. What can the Doctor do?

supergreenuk Wed 03-Apr-13 13:36:49

Not a helpful reply.
Go with your instincts. It is wise not to go to the doctor as sickness bugs are contagious but if your worried about her for a particular reason eg dehydration then get her checked over. Mine didn't wee for 16 hours and was limp and lifeless so I took her in.

pansyflimflam Wed 03-Apr-13 13:38:56

But what can a Doctor do?? If a child is limp and lifeless then of course but otherwise they just have to rest and get better. Bloody common sense bypass I think.

Longo Wed 03-Apr-13 13:47:52

Thank you supergreenuk. Just wanted some reassurance that I was doing the right thing.
DD is asleep again now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now