Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Cradle cap and hair loss

(5 Posts)
Alltheflowers Wed 03-Apr-13 11:32:34

I feel very guilty as I used to pick some of DD1s cradle cap off and it would bring clumps of hair with it (the hair seemed to be embedded in it). Now she's 21 months and she still has a bit of cradle cap left but her hair does look thin in places. I also used dentinox shampoo and cream and also olive oil but the skin never came away without taking the hair with it.

Does anyone have experience of this - will her hair ever grow back?

AnythingNotEverything Wed 03-Apr-13 11:46:13

This happened with my ds too. He has comrade cap for years but we just let him grow out of it in the end. I used to pick at occasionally and get clumps of hair falling out.

He's now nearly 13 and has a lovey head of hair - didn't do him any harm.

Alltheflowers Wed 03-Apr-13 12:13:54

Thanks for your reply. Did it take a while for his hair to grow thick? I'd have thought by 21 months DD1 would have a thick head of hair but maybe that takes longer (I googled and could only find that baby hair falls out by 6 months)

Hoping I'm being an idiot and worrying for nothing.

AnythingNotEverything Wed 03-Apr-13 12:25:31

My son doesn't have think hair - but that's his genes more than the cradle cap!

Plenty of kids have hardly any hair until they're 3 or 4.

Alltheflowers Wed 03-Apr-13 13:03:55

Ok thanks, feel better about it now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now