Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

on/off rash

(6 Posts)
dm1mum Mon 15-Apr-13 17:11:29

This has happened to my DS (3yrs) a couple of times - both when he has been unwell with a viral illness.

We took him to the GP on the second occasion as it was quite striking and she did diagnose as urticaria. She prescribed anti-histamines for a couple of days but advised us to take photos if the welts got very big as they may have needed other treatment and it is hard to time doctors visits right!

CatsRule Mon 15-Apr-13 14:33:18

My mum had urticaria with certain foods and e numbers. She comes out in welts and in her worst outbreaks her throat gets constricted.

I'm not.alergic to foods but my.skin reacts to temperatures, mostly cold, and I get welts.

An antihistamine may help?

bananananacoconuts Thu 04-Apr-13 21:26:41

thank you for your answer. i've never heard if that before! Possibly heat although it doesn't look at all like heat rash. I'll google (what you said) now!

cheesecheeseplease Wed 03-Apr-13 22:55:03

sounds like urticaria, anything you've noticed that brings it up? heat exercise?

bananananacoconuts Wed 03-Apr-13 06:08:52

anyone?

bananananacoconuts Tue 02-Apr-13 22:24:51

my 6yo ds felt very itchy on thursday after school. i noticed he had a rash on his cheeks, arms, chest and legs. very blotchy and slightly raised (more like welts than spots). this rash has been on and off since then....anyone have any ideas as to what it could be? i took him to a chemist this afternoon to have it looked at but it had disappeared! but is back again tonight!

no other symptoms -except excessive snot that he's had for months!!-

thanks in advance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now