Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

2 year old sleepy nod temp of 37.9

(10 Posts)
Zookiemay Tue 02-Apr-13 19:00:05

My little boy (nearly 3) has a runny nose and has been off his food since yesterday. He feels very hot but temp is only 37.9. I have given him some Calpol but he strangely just went and took himself of to bed crying that he was tired. Am I being silly and worrying over
nothing? He is asleep now. I was putting my 10 month old to bed at the time.

Zookiemay Tue 02-Apr-13 19:00:50

Sorry, title should say 'and' not 'nod'

noblegiraffe Tue 02-Apr-13 19:07:58

What are you worried about? Sounds like he has a cold and is feeling a bit rubbish.

ShowOfHands Tue 02-Apr-13 19:09:38

If he's poorly he will be tired. Did his runny nose disturb his sleep last night? If he has a temp and a cold, you can imagine how he feels. He's probably achy, miserable and tired. Sleep is the best thing for him. That said, I'd keep an eye on him, see how the Calpol affects him, check he's rousable regularly and offer cool drinks and if worried, call for advice.

Is he drinking still? Not dehydrated? How has he been today?

Is he lightly dressed and not wrapped up under a duvet? Have you any air circulating?

Zookiemay Tue 02-Apr-13 19:17:07

He has been very irritable for past few days and it is very unusual for him to go to bed on his own.
I guess I just worry that I might miss something. That he is worse than I thought.
I suspect maybe the tonsillitis hasn't quite gone even though he completed his medication.

Zookiemay Tue 02-Apr-13 19:18:38

He has a lightweight quilt on that he won't allow me to remove. I have left his bedroom door open to help circulate the air

Sounds exactly like my 2.10 year old. Off his food, streaming nose, nasty cough and so, so tired.

He seems to be getting through it now but it's take. A few days. Hope your DS feels better soon.

BeaWheesht Tue 02-Apr-13 19:31:51

Has he had chickenpox?

DoodleAlley Tue 02-Apr-13 19:34:12

Can you change his covers to a sheet while he is asleep?

Zookiemay Tue 02-Apr-13 19:40:49

Just tried changing his quilt and he just woke and got upset

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now