Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Gutted! Dd needs to go back in for more surgery on Friday :(

(8 Posts)

It's done and we're back home grin

The consultant that did the original op was very apologetic. He said the screw just wasn't in the right pace and it had to come out.

Dd's been her usual brave self and taken it all in her stride. They went through the old scar, and the screw that needed removing was near the top so she has a new dressing on that bit.
Consultant said she can still return to school on the 15th as planned and that hopefully that is it now.

Fingers tightly crossed.

Me too Sirzy.

We've both had a good cry about it, and I am now seated with wine, dd with hot choc and feeling a bit better smile

Sirzy Tue 02-Apr-13 17:24:47

Oh no, I hope this is the last op she needs

Awful to see dd so upset though.
I think it is cos she knows what to expect this time, although I've told her it will be nothing like her recovery last time.

Oh I agree, just a bit shocked I think ATM. At the end of the day it has got to be done because we can't take the risk that the screw will damage her nerves.

LIZS Tue 02-Apr-13 17:12:57

sorry sad

LIZS Tue 02-Apr-13 17:12:49

:9 better to get it sorted out now though than find it hasn't worked.

For those that don't know, dd (15) had spinal fusion for scoliosis in Feb.

She had a CT scan last wed to check the position of some screws because the surgeon was a bit concerned about their appearance on x-ray, and they have just rung to say that they aren't happy with one of the screws and want to take it out.

Dd burst into tears when I told her sad

It's only a 40 min op, and she'll only be in 2 days if that, but she is so gutted about it as she has just got back to normal, and was gonna go back to school after easter.
Hoping it's not much of a set back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now