Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sunburn ad prickly heat

(3 Posts)
hillyhilly Mon 01-Apr-13 21:18:05

We're in lamzarote, its lovely but despite not going in the sun until 2pm, slathered in Nivea kids factor 50 cream, reapplied after 2hours, both kids are red faced and my dd has prickly heat on her arms.
Any recommendations of what I can use, what sun creams are actually going to work? (Preferably something I can buy here!)

mrsbounce Tue 02-Apr-13 07:45:01

Apparently slicing a tomato in half and rubbing the juicy side over the affected area works. Magicool hot weather spray is good - they make one especially for this but don't know if you'd be able to get that where you are. May be try some Piriton or other antihistamine? My mum used to suffer with prickly heat but now uses Piz Buin anti allergy sun lotion and finds this really helps. Hope your dd feels better soon.

ajandjjmum Tue 02-Apr-13 07:56:15

DS always needed something for sensitive skin at that age - Piz Buin from memory - very expensive, but it did the trick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now