Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Lump behind eat

(11 Posts)
PJM18 Tue 02-Apr-13 23:19:08

Hi. My son's spots started 12 days ago and are starting to go away but still has quite a few spots that are scabies over. I think the glands can take a while to go away and some never go back to normal size. I have glands under my chin and in my groin that have been enlarged for years.

holidaysrcoming Tue 02-Apr-13 18:43:15

i took my ds to doctors after chicken pox for exactly same problem, very common. it did take nearly 4 weeks to go down. extremely unscientific observation but some people imo seem to be more glandy than others !

MarathonMama Tue 02-Apr-13 15:23:33

Thanks! By "just getting over chickenpox" what do you mean? DD has been scabbed over for over a week now. Just found another one in the back of her neck. They're totally painless and not bothering her which is what is bothering me. Got a drs appointment for Mon.

PJM18 Sun 31-Mar-13 22:21:54

Hi. My 4 yr old is just getting over chicken pox and has a few swollen lymph nodes in his neck. When my older son was a toddler he had a swollen lymph node in his neck that never went away. The GP wasn't concerned as it didn't keep growing and I used to notice it depending on which way he turned his neck. I just noticed it again the other week when he had a cold and he's 13 now. Go to GP for reassurance but sure it will be fine.

MarathonMama Sun 31-Mar-13 21:05:57

Thanks all. Interesting about the spot, she's got a cluster of pox spots on that side that formed a big yellow, pussy lump and are now a mountain-sized scab.

Sorry to sound so paranoid, my dad currently has cancer and my cousin has just been given the all clear so I'm probably a bit more sensitive than I should be

BrigitBigKnickers Sun 31-Mar-13 19:09:21

Gland- DD1 had something like this recently- Doctor found an infected spot on her head near by and said that was what had caused the gland to swell.

Sirzy Sun 31-Mar-13 19:07:26

Marathon, my DS is just getting over chicken pox and has got a lump exactly how you describe it. I am guessing it must be linked so waiting a week longer to see if it goes.

MarathonMama Sun 31-Mar-13 18:29:14

Thanks for the reassurance, I know in being a silly panicky parent. She had chickenpox last week but has been fully scabbed over since last tues so assume it's not that. If it wasn't so hard I wouldn't be so worried

BeaWheesht Sun 31-Mar-13 18:09:55

Gland - I'd lay money on it.

Beehatch Sun 31-Mar-13 17:35:57

It is probably a raised gland. Very common in kids, often triggered by virus or colds. Definitely get it checked out, but don't panic, just make a normal routine appointment. DD has a pea sized lump behind her ear which has been there 6 months. GP referred her to a consultant who said in the absence of any other sickness or irritation that we could safely ignore it.

MarathonMama Sun 31-Mar-13 17:29:06

I've just found a lump behind dd's right ear. It's about the size of a 5p, hard and normal coloured. It isn't bothering her but has got me worried. Any ideas? It being Easter Sunday I feel really obsolete and am panicking

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now