Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

? Thrush

(8 Posts)

She says it's better today after the Canesten. smile

anonymosity Fri 29-Mar-13 23:39:31

also, sounds a bit bonkers, but eating the yogurt helps too.

NannyPlumIsMyMum Fri 29-Mar-13 22:21:57

Yes I would try the canesten too.

cece Fri 29-Mar-13 22:20:23

Had the same problem with my 11 yr old too. Was going to try some Caneston tomorrow when I get to the shops.

Thank you, feeling better now, just hope DD is in the morning. smile

dd was prescribed 1% canesten at the age of 5 for thrush so I am sure it would be ok for your dd

PhyllisDoris Fri 29-Mar-13 20:06:09

I can't see that canestan would do any harm. But if you're worried, you could use natural yoghurt.

DD, aged 12.5 is complaining of vaginal itching and has signs of discharge on her underwear. She has just finished a course of antibiotics.

I've bought Canesten but it says to consult a doctor if this is the first time you've had the symptoms and if you're under 16.

It's highly likely to be Thrush and with it being a BH weekend all I've got is out of hours and they usually take 3 hours just to call you back.

My instinct is to try the Canesten and see if that helps but a little part of me is fretting. Why do these things always happen at the weekend?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now