Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

My 7 yr old is very short what to feed him to make him grow

(53 Posts)
TheSerene Fri 22-Mar-13 11:05:28

Compared to all the other in his class am worried I don't feed him enough looking to enrich his food what food do you tall children like to eat ? It is now affecting his confidence feel so sorry for him

narmada Sat 23-Mar-13 22:23:11

OP have you kept a record of his height over the years? I don't think absolute height is an issue as long as he is somewhere on the chart and as long as he is not plunging through the centiles - e.g., was 50th as a baby, slowly gone down over time to 2nd percentile or something like that.

megandraper Mon 25-Mar-13 15:11:40

Haven't read whole thread so sorry if someone's mentioned it. But maybe consider a coeliac test? DS1 (age 5) grew only 1cm in the year before he was diagnosed, and 10 cm in the year after he went gluten-free...

zumm Thu 28-Mar-13 19:22:58

bed I'm slightly concerned my son may be coeliac - may I ask: what were your son's symptoms (aside from lack of growth) - thanks for any feedback!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now